The other night, our friend Jeremy stopped by our house around 10pm to ask if we had a shovel. Why, you ask? There was an enormous 5-ft water moccasin in the street in front of our house and Jeremy wanted the shovel to kill it. Now, if you don't know what a water mocassin is, you're better off! It's a venomous deadly snake that lives in the water. Here are some pictures:

As he approached the snake to chop its head off, it was clear the snake was not happy (I wonder why?!). Instead, he opted for Plan B: Have Ben run over it with our car! Ben did....about 50 times...with the snake repeatedly striking the tires, even after he was "popped and oozing," for lack of better words!
Finally, he was nearly dead enough to chop its head off and throw him in the ditch by our house. Phew! Crisis averted! I wish I would have gotten pictures, but in the horror of the moment, I forgot. My mind was elsewhere, I guess.
AND THEN....
A few days later, I was closing up the blinds in the living room, only to find another scorpion skittering across the living room floor. Now that we're old pros at dealing with scorpions, we just caught it in a cup, took a picture, and then threw him out the back door over the fence. Luckily, the lawn guys came the next morning to mow the lawn and I'm hoping he was swallowed up in the riding lawnmower. Good riddance, you disgusting little thing!
Thursday, June 16, 2011
2 more Texas critter stories!
Posted by
Trenholms
at
10:38 PM
Labels: creepy-crawlies, texas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment