No, your eyes are not deceiving you, nor is this some image we found on the internet...this is the view from our backyard, this 23rd day of February, 2010. SNOW!!
I think the world just may be ending....
Now, according to local legend (we sometimes refer to it as "the news"), this is the 15th snow day in February in Texas since 1886! We are a part of Texas history.
The thing that gets me is that when we moved here, it was the 2nd hottest summer on record. Now, we have snow in the winter; not an everyday occurrence! It figures that the year we move here, we have the 2 extremes. What's next? Flooding in the spring? It could happen!
Jaimason was beside himself with excitement and was in his snow gear by 9 AM this morning, ready to go outside and make a snowman. Here are the preparations for our little friend:And here he is, Ted (short for Teddy Bear):
The funniest thing is that on Sunday, we were out taking a walk in short and T-shirts. It was 76 degrees! Guess that's what we get for laughing at Ben's mom when she told us it was snowing at her house in Colorado that day.
Have a great day! We sure are!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
It's a Texas Miracle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love the snowman, especially the rosy cheeks!
Wow! It's like your back in UT again :) I think I could like the snow if we had days in the 70's in between :)
Jaimason is getting so big! We MISS you guys so much!
How fun is that to get snow and 70 degree weather in one week? I wish we could break 40! Can't wait for Spring. Sorry about your teeth ordeal. Poor Shaunelle.
Post a Comment