Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Shout-Out

I feel a little guilty about my tirade the other day. But, now that I am done whining about myself, I think it's high time I give a shout-out to Ben and Jaimason...and my friend Catherine!

First of all, Ben was an amazing husband while I was out of commission. He really surprised me by stepping up to the plate and taking on the role of Mr. Mom. For 4 whole days, he cleaned the house, cooked all the meals, did all the dishes (a monumental feat for him!), washed all the laundry, ran all the errands, bathed and dressed Jaimason every day and night, and most importantly, made sure Jaimason stayed away to let me rest. And all this while he worked from home...he definitely was not on vacation! Let's just say he was MORE than happy to go back to work on Monday! I laughed, because he said things like "These dishes never stop. They just keep coming!" and "I feel so cooped up in this house when I have to stay home all day" and "Wow, Jaimason's a really needy kid. He never lets you get anything done!" I hope he never wonders why things aren't always perfect when he comes home from work....and why I have just a little bit of a crazy look in my eye sometimes!

Jaimason was a perfectly perfect kid, too! He was so excited for me to get my wisdom teeth out so he could take care of me. As soon as we got home, he ran to get me a blanket, asked me if I needed any food or if he should put a movie on for me, and 20 minutes later, came to me with this -- a get well card (pictured). It is hilarious! If you look closely, it says "yoo R..." and then he put two stickers that say "hot" on them. I asked what he meant by this, and he said:
"you know, 'hot' means someone beautiful. You are hot, hot!"

(A few weeks ago, he asked me what it means when someone says someone else is hot, and I explained that it means they think that person is beautiful, or attractive.)

My favorite part of the card, though, is the Halloween sticker that pictures a dug-up grave and a headstone that says "R.I.P." He showed it to me and explained he wanted me to rest in peace. Not sure he quite gets the meaning of that one...either that, or he wants me to die!

Inside the card, it says:
"I luv yoo. Deer mom. Yoo R the grat mom." and drew a whole bunch of hearts. Isn't that just perfect?

My friend Catherine deserves some recognition and a big THANK-YOU, too. On Saturday, she offered to take Jaimason for a few hours so Ben and I could rest, and more importantly, so he wouldn't go crazy having no one to play with. He loved it. And THEN, on Monday, she took Jaimason with her to Bastrop to her parents' house (along with her 3 kids, might I add!) to get him out of the house and let me have the day to myself to recover! He was gone ALL DAY, for about 7 or 8 hours! Can I just tell you that was probably the best day of my life...even though I was feeling miserable? I have the greatest friends!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

You had me rolling with laughter about the get well card---Priceless. What can I say Shaunelle---you deserve all of the good friendship in the world. Any little thing I could do for you would be a drop in the bucket compared to all that you do for others. Love ya! P.S. Jaimason is SUCH a pleasure to have around. Regardless of what he might tell you--I Promise we really do feed him:) What a GREAT boy!

Erin Gibbons said...

I laughed so hard reading this post that Shea called me "Miss Hyena." It was so cute to read about how Jaimason took care of you and how great Ben was! Glad you're feeling better! (And your friend Catherine sounds pretty great too!)