Sunday, November 7, 2010

H A L L O W E E N

Halloween was a bit different this year for us. Instead of spending weeks making a costume for Jaimason, I took the easy road and pulled one together in about an hour! I'm ashamed to admit it, but there's only so much you can do when you don't feel good. However, it turned out pretty cute.

Jaimason went as a magician. I made the vest, cummerbund, hat, and bowtie. Jaimason already had the cape and the wand:

Ben and I also had the opportunity to attend a Halloween work party, where costumes were mandatory. We weren't planning on going until the night before, so our costumes were also last minute.

I went as an 80's girl. My friend Julia let me borrow her "beautiful" sweater and jewelry and legwarmers. I supplied the leggings, hairdo, and makeup:


Ben's costume turned out pretty good; he went as a Mad Scientist. Most people at work are not accustomed to seeing him outside of his work mode and he hates to dress up, so he got a lot of compliments for stepping outside of his comfort zone.


Other Halloween festivities were limited for us this year, as I am not feeling well and not up to doing much, but here's what else we did to celebrate the season.

Pumpkin Carving




Fall Fun Festival for our neighborhood




Ward Trunk-Or-Treat

5 comments:

Daisha said...

For not feeling well you look fabulous!!

Erin Gibbons said...

I can't believe you put those costumes together so quickly, they look great! It would have taken me weeks to get that vest, hat and cummerbund done. You guys looked great!

Unknown said...

I would say you looked more of a 80's skeleton! Girl, when is that little she-alien going to start puffing up?!

Sara said...

I think you're pretty amazing despite the fact you're not feeling well! I can't believe you "threw" Jaimason's costume together! Wow! You look awesome! Hope you start to feel better soon! I want to see some belly pictures! (do you have a belly??)

gretel and frank said...

I'm jealous at what appears to be a beautiful Halloween Day in Texas. It was pouring rain, about 40 degrees with a strong wind turning our umbrellas inside out. Blah! Jaimason does look cute!