Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dear Ben

This past Saturday (Nov. 6) was Ben's birthday, and let's just say I'm grateful he's such an understanding person! It was NOT a good day. I ended up having a really sick day that day (every day is a gamble of how I'm going to feel) so we didn't celebrate much. I laid on the couch a lot of the day and snapped at everyone. Ben was supposed to go golfing with his friend, but they were having a tournament on the golf course, so that option was out.

To top it off, we had to cancel our date last minute because of several factors, so Jaimason cried all night because he was disappointed he couldn't go to his friend's house as planned....and I think Ben felt like crying, because he had looked forward to it all day. We were left with no dinner (I think we ended up having Ramen), no cake, and no fun.

Thankfully, the next day I was feeling a lot better, so we had a RE-DO! This time, we decorated the house a little bit, made BBQ beef brisket on homemade buns, and enjoyed Turtle Cake for dessert.

We even re-wrapped the presents he had opened the day before so he had something to open!
Ben was such a good sport about it, pretending to be surprised at each new present, which Jaimason thought was hilarious!

Of course, since it was Sunday, we still didn't get to do our date, but hopefully we will get to do it soon! Dates are a rare commodity in this household!

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y B E N! Love you!

0 comments: