It was November 6, 1980-something. A little boy was brought into this world. He was named Benjamin. Today, we celebrate the life of this boy-turned-man! We really have kinda liked having him around, so we're happy to celebrate his birth.
Ben is a crazy, hilarious person with a quiet, shy facade who, I've found as I go through our pictures, likes to dress up, get dirty, and be adventurous. Here are a few other things about Ben you may not know:
1. He is extremely smart!
2. Snickers are his favorite candy.3. He rarely wears anything other than white.
4. He is an excellent cook...and everything he makes LOOKS so pretty, too.
5. He likes to make up words, and we use them quite often in our family. Jaimason is going to grow up thinking they are real words!6. If he could choose to do anything in the world, it would be to travel. He loves to take trips.
7. He is a comedy-movie lover. One thing that makes him laugh so hard are furry animals attacking, particularly small ones.
8. He has wings...on his head (see picture).
9. He is a VERY picky eater. Making dinner for him is not the easiest thing in the world.
10. He hates to be dressed. If you ever stop by our house without notice, you might be waiting a while at the door while Ben gets his clothes on.
11. He makes a good dad, because he really is still a kid. He's probably the best fort-maker in the world.
13. He has very soft feet.
14. He is quite competitive. Losing is just not an option for him!
15. He has Bionic hearing...either that, or I am deaf. He hears the quietest, most far away things.
16. He is a collector of things...because you just never know, you may need it someday. So here's my plea: if you ever have need to give him something, make sure it's worthwhile... we'll have it until he dies.
17. He actually likes classical music.
18. He has written many a love song for me in his day, and even played them on the guitar for me.
19. He took Japanese in high school.
20. His eyes are 3 colors: blue, green, and gold. If you ever find yourself up close and personal with him, look at his eyes. They're very cool looking!

We love you, Ben! Have a good birthday!



3 comments:
Happy Birthday Ben. Hope all is well.
That was fun to read! And you were right, Ben is wearing white in almost all of those pictures! Happy Birthday Ben! We're so glad you guys are loving Texas- your house looks fabulous.
I loved the comment about having things until you die, it was so funny! I'm more that way than Shea, but I always feel justified when we actually find a use for something I've saved! I also love the picture of you guys dancing, (so cute and looks like it was a great time!) and Jaimason trying to be like Ben in the wetsuit picture. Oh yeah, and funny about wearing white, I never would have picked up on that!
Post a Comment