This year for Thanksgiving, we got together with our Bishop's family and another family in the ward to provide Thanksgiving for some families in our ward who cannot provide it for themselves, for one reason or another. It was definitely an experience I will never forget! It was kind of fun to have people there from all walks of life: a family from Ghana who has never hosted or cooked for Thanksgiving before (and who didn't want PIE!), a single mom with 5 kids who just joined the church, an older lady with her grown son who is investigating the church and who has never had more than turkey and mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving, a computer guy and his wife who have 3 kids, and our family, who just got out of school and has only 1 kid.
I love having pretty things, and decorating for every holiday, so this year, I made napkin rings and, of course, matching place cards. All of my other ideas proved to be too expensive for 20 people! Here is a not-so-good picture of the napkin rings:It's hard to see, but they're covered in beads, and then wrapped with gold ribbon and then I attached a glittery leaf picture.
The spread of food. It was all so yummy, as usual.
Bishop said it wasn't Thanksgiving if we didn't take a funny picture of him eating the drumstick. So, here it is...
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Giving Thanks at Thanksgiving
Posted by
Trenholms
at
11:20 AM
Labels: thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
How fun! The napkin rings and place cards are beautiful! I never would have thought of doing something like that, so pretty and elegant!
Wow! What a Thanksgiving. Probably a lot different than most! :) What a great experience. Can you email me your address so I can send you guys a Christmas card? ilovenewyork18@hotmail.com. Thanks!!
Post a Comment