It's that time of year again: the start of school! Such a bittersweet time...I despise getting up at 6:30 am, but the quiet during the day around here sure is nice! Maleah is actually getting restful naps now, without getting woken up (by a certain little 6-year-old.)
Jaimason was not happy about starting school...until we went to Back to School Night, that is. Then he was counting the hours until he could go! He is excited because he has 2 friends in his class that he knows and likes, one of which was a basketball buddy that we didn't even know lived in our neighborhood!

Miss Allen seems like she'll be a nice teacher. She already knew Jaimason a little bit from last year, when she came to his Kindergarten class to help out. She taught third grade last year at the school but has been a first grade teacher in the past. She loved first grade and wanted to go back to teaching it, so I think this'll be a good fit for her.
After school when I picked Jaimason up, he said "I wish I was still in first grade."
Me: "Buddy, you are"
Jaimason: "No, I mean right now! I don't want to leave."
Me: "What do you like about first grade?"
Jaimason: "It's just more challenging than Kindergarten"
That's a good sign, right?
Friday, August 26, 2011
First Grade
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment