Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mothers Day 2011

Mothers Day is one of my favorite holidays...it's one of 2 days a year I get to sleep in (unless we have early church)!

Breakfast in bed is always a highlight, and this year, Ben was conscious of my "diet." He made me oatmeal with protein and blueberries. It was delicious! He was bummed because he said it felt weird making me such a boring breakfast on Mother's Day, but he made me VERY VERY delicious buttermilk pancakes the day before (which happened to be my Free Day).

Jaimason painted me a pretty purple jewelry box and inside was a beautiful blinged-out ring. This isn't the best picture, but it's the only one you can see the ring on.
For dinner, Ben made yummy hawaiian chicken and pineapple kebobs. He's a great cook; he even knows how to make "diet food" taste delicious!

By the end of the night, I had decided to forego my diet, because I REALLY REALLY wanted brownies...and I'm weak, I guess. Ben made Snickers brownies...they had chocolate chunks, peanuts, and caramel in them. SO GOOD!

The day before, on Saturday, we celebrated Mother's Day by going to Cheddars. I love that place! I had the Monte Cristo sandwich, which is a huge double-decker ham and turkey sandwich with 2 kinds of cheeses, and then get this...they batter and fry it (like fattening french toast), sprinkle it with powdered sugar, and serve it with really delicious raspberry jam. It is to die for! I wouldn't have thought that powdered sugar and jam go with meat, but they do...oh, they do!

It was fun having 2 kids to celebrate Mother's Day with this year! Here are some pictures from our very harried and uncooperative photo session. It seems Jaimason has forgotten how to smile a genuine smile.

Baby's not digging the wind.


A kiss from a handsome boy!


Self-portraits aren't ever flattering!

3 comments:

deonthemom said...

My husband doesn't like to make boring breakfasts for me either! But I like what I like!!! And I like it to not make me fat! You family is so cute!

Megan said...

Whatever, I think you look amazing girl! You're kids are such cuties! I can't believe Jamison is growing up so fast- it is nice to see he still loves to sit on mom's lap. :) It gives me hope for my little independent kiddies.

Sara said...

Cheddars is my favorite too!! I went there for my birthday and had the Monte Cristo too!! LOVE that place. Glad you had a great Mothers' Day!