This is my closet. It's empty.


This is my shelf in our closet where my shirts (once were). It's empty.

These are the piles of my clothes that are going to Goodwill. They're 3 feet high each and several thousand dollars worth.
I. HAVE. NOTHING. TO. WEAR.
Literally.
This past year has been such a wild ride for me; I am completely frustrated. I lost 44 pounds, then gained some (obviously) when I was pregnant, and then lost it again. All my clothes that I once wore are
bags on me. I am 5 dress sizes smaller (not that I'm complaining). It will cost me thousands of dollars to get a whole new summer and winter wardrobe, along with new underthings (because my current ones are also
bags on me).
Obviously that's not possible in one go-round. Any ideas?
7 comments:
Coupons and clearance! Buy the wardrobe basics first. Can any of the larger clothing be repurposed? Skirts can easily be taken in (any none sewer can do that)Box up clothing and save those are one size larger than you are currently are just in case for weight fluctuation. Congrats on the weight loss! I know how it is to lose weight and not fit in your clothes. I've lost 20 lbs and only have one pair of jeans that fit!
Losing the weight is great! And you look great! I was going to say what lissa said. Taking shirts in is actually fairly easy so that's an option. Dresses shouldn't be too hard either! Good luck and i hope you find something that works for you. :)
I was just realizing the other day that ALL my skirts are huge on me. I've just worn them pinned but seriously that doesn't look all that great. I've been working on a new summer wardrobe, (thanks to my sweet husband who let me take some of the tax return for clothes!) since everything I had was just too old, big, small, or stained to wear. One thing I'm planning on doing is dress up plain t-shirts with my own fabric flowers or ruffles. You can find lots of tutorials online. I haven't done it yet however, since I haven't found the time! Anyway, it would be cheaper. My big tip is H & M t-shirts if you have a store near you. They're great quality and cheap, I've been buying them for years! You might be able to find a sewer in the ward who can "help" you take in your skirts, (or hopefully do most of it for you!) Can't wait to see the new clothes!
hopefully you still have them all cuz you need to sell or trade them and make yourself some money for your new wardrobe!!
Sell them on ebay (I've been doing that lately to get ready to move and it's easy), sell them to second hand stores (plato's closet is natinowide or check your phone book) sell them on craigslist, have a grage sale or orgnanize a clothing swap. Just think that if you sell all the shirts for a flat price of $3-5 each and the pants 5-$10 each how much money you will make! Sell as much as you can and only donante the leftovers. That should get you a wad of cash to get you started.
Then shop 2nd hand stores, ebay, and clearance for all your new fun stuff!!
You do look amazing! Happy Mother's Day!
Ross has cute clothes that are pretty cheap. I don't know how you feel about second-hand but sometimes you can find some good stuff. Also, look at resale shops (like Plato's Closet). They're like thrift stores but a lot better quality and stuff that's in style. I wish I had your problem! From your pictures you look fabulous! Congrats on your new body!
Eat lots of twinkies....then you can wear all your old clothes again! ;) you look great.
Try refashioning some of the shirts and dresses into things you can wear again. This would require the use of a sewing machine... but there are lots of tutorials online... good luck :)
Post a Comment