Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fun Rainbow Sandwiches

My mom used to do this with my brothers and I when we were growing up, and Jaimason enjoys doing it, so I thought I'd share it with you.

What you will need:
1. Water
2. Tablespoon
3. Food coloring
4. A compartmentalized dish
5. A clean paintbrush
6. Bread

What you need to do:

1. Drop 2 drops of food coloring into each compartment.
2. Add 1 tablespoon water --or more, depending on how big your drops of food coloring are--to the food coloring. The goal is to water it down enough so it's not toxic.

3. Paint! Let your kids be as creative as they can be.

4. Toast the bread in a toaster or on the stove. We put cheese inside ours to make a grilled cheese sandwich. You can use any fixin's you want!

5. Enjoy a delicious, colorful meal!

This is a really fun activity to do, especially for holidays. Use red and blue for Independence Day, green and red for Christmas, or orange and yellow for Halloween. Make fun birthday toast for breakfast, or paint hearts for Mother's Day. The possibilities are endless!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That's awesome! My boys would LOVE it! ;)

Daisha said...

That is so fun Shaunelle! I'd love to post that on my new blog if you'd let me. Email me - thefamilyscientista@gmail.com