Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me...

It was my birthday on Sunday. To celebrate, we went to church! Not to mention it was Fast Sunday, so we starved to boot. It was a good day, though.
After Ben got home from meetings, he made a delicious dinner of steak kabobs and rice. It's not every day I get to have red meat (it's this new annoying thing I'm doing called "healthy eating"), so it was extra tasty! Ben was so sweet; he knows I am trying to eat healthier with more fruit and vegetables, so he made my kabobs with little meat and lots of peppers, onions, mushrooms, and pineapple. He also made me brown rice, too, instead of white! What a thoughtful guy he is!
After dinner, I opened presents. My mother-in-law gave me a great game called "Hand n Foot." We got addicted to it during Christmas time, and it's VERY hard to find, at least for a good deal. And, because it takes 5 decks of cards, she also got me a card shuffler.

Ben's present to me was a very tiny box. I had been wondering all day what it was, for there was nothing I wanted or needed that was that small.
It turned out to be a beautiful new ring in a lovely box. It's green, made out of special paper, and all hand-crafted. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! (See picture).

After a lovely dessert of blackberry pie (my favorite) and ice cream, Ben and I sat down to play a round of Hand n Foot. It was going great until the power went out. We wanted to finish our game, so we stumbled to the laundry room in the pitch black, got a flashlight, and continued playing, taking turns holding the flashlight for each other. Hey, what can I say? It was a good game!

3 comments:

Daisha said...

Happy Birthday girl! It sounds like it was awesome!

Erin Gibbons said...

Happy belated Birthday! I'll have to try blackberry pie sometime, it sounds delicious! I hope your week has been great!

AMIT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.