Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sweet Relief!


After endless weeks or scorching temperatures ranging from 100-105 degrees it has finally cooled down to the mid-90s! Wait, did I say the words "cooled" and "mid-90s" together? Yes, yes I did...it seems that our bodies have become accustomed to this unnatural heat because a few evenings ago as we went swimming, the temperature was around 92 degrees, we found ourselves shivering cold! We are officially weenies and have decided that we will no longer travel to any state where the temperature drops below 85!

Anyway, we have not posted for a while so I though I would catch you all up on what we have been up to.

I was called into the Bishopric in our new ward (on our second Sunday here!) and between that and starting my new job have found very little time on my hands. The calling has been a blessing although I can't say that I love the early morning Sunday meetings and the additional meetings after Church...who knew a Sunday could be so busy! The job is going well and I have had the chance to meet several Dell VPs, executives, and even had a chance to have breakfast with the CFO which was a great experience! I have been busy at work learning my new responsibilities and have recently been busy planning a large community service project.

Shaunelle starts her new job teaching next week and has been very busy going through tons of training...the Texas requirements for schools is extremely strict and the yrequire hours of mandatory training for teachers. Thankfully that is all behind her and she can focus on getting her classroom set up and planning lessons. She is excited to be teaching only 3 mornings a week now!

Jaimason is pretty much the same...full of endless amounts of energy and very excited for the new school year. I try to savor this time while he actually enjoys school because I know it will be short!

Well, that's pretty much the last month or so in a nut-shell.

1 comments:

Erin Gibbons said...

Wow! That's so cool that you, (Ben,) were called into the Bishopric, Shaunelle must be so proud :) I got called into the nursery our 2nd Sunday, but Shea doesn't have a calling yet. So Calvin and I went to our first day of nursery today. That's also cool that you're getting settled into your job and meeting so many of the executives, I'm sure that's a great experience.
Can't wait to see pictures of Shaunelle's classroom and we hope all goes well for her and Jaimason at school!