Last weekend, I had the amazing chance to go to the Broadway play "Wicked." I have been dying to see this show forever, and my friend was going to see it. Unfortunately, she had to go out of town last minute and was unable to be here on the day of the show, so she gave me her ticket! (Yes, I know, I have the best friends!). I am really glad she thought of me, because I really had the best time! It was so fun to be able to get out with the girls, and just have a really fun day.
We first ate lunch at this little cafe on UT's campus called Kerbey Lane that's really popular for its breakfast. So do you know what I got? Fajitas! Haha, everyone else got breakfast, but I was feeling in the mood for some good Mexican. And let me tell you, it was probably the WORST choice I could have made! The food was good, yes, but the onion-breath? Not so pretty! Renae joked that at least I could clear everyone out of our area in the theatre with my stench, so we'd be able to see really well-- no one in front; no one behind! But, it didn't work. Camille insisted I have a piece of her gum instead.The play itself was REALLY REALLY good! I loved how every aspect of what happens in "Wicked" explains why things are the way they are in "the Wizard of Oz." They even show why the "Wicked Witch of the West" wears a cape and a pointy hat. And I never thought of Wicked as being a funny show, but it actually was! The one-liners were hilarious, and Glinda (the Good Witch of the East) was a hoot! She played a really hyper, peppy, self-absorbed blonde witch without a clue. And of course, their voices were amazing! Talk about chills! There was one song called "For Good" that was absolutely beautiful.
"It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart"
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart"
It was one of the songs we thought about singing at my Dad's funeral (but threw out because of our absolute inability to sing), so of course it got me crying. Let's just say I was thankful the theatre was dark!
Ben watched Jaimason all day for me so I could go. It was so nice of him to give me that opportunity without too much objection...haha. Actually, he was the one who encouraged me to go, even though the timing wasn't too good. I'm glad he did.
If you ever get the opportunity to go, do it! You won't be disappointed!



4 comments:
WICKED! I'm so glad you go to see it and that you got to see it with Renae and the girls is even better. Hope you're enjoying texas.
I loved WICKED when it came to Portland! Glad you were able to go.
I'm jealous. I've heard so many good things about the show! I'm glad you were able to go.
I really want to see that show too! I'm hoping it's not over by the time we have the money and are in a place where it's showing! I was thinking about you guys today, we miss you! Sounds like everything is great! Tell Jamaison his little buddy misses him too. Now that Calvin is "sploring" (as we like to call "exploring,") everything, I'm sure he would love to follow Jamaison around all over! Hi to Ben too!
Post a Comment