Sunday, April 19, 2009

He's All Grown Up

On Thursday morning, we woke up to Jaimason's hurried shouts: "Mom, Dad, you HAVE to come see this. You will be so impressed!" As quickly as we are able, we hop out of bed and try to find the source of all the yelling. We find Jaimason sitting in his room, and as we enter, he points majestically to his bed and announces "Ta-Da-Da!" This is what we saw:

Jaimason has made his bed...ALL......BY.......HIMSELF! Notice both of his blankets folded neatly at the foot of his bed, and the bears propped nicely up on his pillow. Now, call us spoiling parents, but we have never made Jaimason make his bed, nor taught him or showed him how to do it. We've just always done it ourselves. I guess he's more observant than we thought! He is SUCH a caring, thoughtful boy. Every day he blows us away by the sweet things he says and does. I don't mean to brag, but....yes I do. He is always bringing us his favorite candy, saying how much he loves us, and that he knows that we love whatever it is he's bringing us. The other day, as we counted his money, he informed us he's been saving so hard to buy us a surprise. He always gives Shaunelle massages and he shouted sleepily from his room one night to Ben, "Dad, I just can't stop loving you!" He's really our pride and joy!

2 comments:

Sara said...

"I just can't stop loving you"! What a crack up. That is the sweetest thing ever! We love Jaimason and will miss you guys! :)

carolee said...

yay for Jaimison. That's so precious.