So, Ben has been interviewing for jobs for what seems like an eternity now. He has been to 4 different states, and flown over about 20 more in the past few weeks. He interviewed with Sears Holdings, John Deere, KPMG, AON, and Dell most seriously. He recieved full-time offers for 4 of those companies, and so we had a lot of thinking, praying, deliberating, debating, stressing, sweating, and pondering to do.
After some time, we decided Dell would be the best option for our family, which is in Austin.

So, we are moving to Texas.
His position title is Senior Financial Analyst. He starts June 15, 2009. We have 7 more months of living in Utah, and then we're off to start a new chapter of our lives! We are very excited and so grateful that Ben has this opportunity. We understand the current economic conditions, so we feel blessed that he has recieved so many offers. After all his hard work, it's finally paying off!
(Now, it's brag time a little bit). I am so proud of Ben and all he's done lately to ensure his family a good future. He has
worked so hard, and found many opportunities to further his knowledge and career. When doors closed for him, and then windows closed, too, he found cracks to squeeze through! He has done all of his own research, applied for every job imaginable, and really worked his BUTT off. When he went to interview with these companies, they were already expecting him, because they'd heard so much about him. Dell, especially, was a neat experience. He spent the morning interviewing, and by lunchtime, the CFO had already decided he wanted Ben on board. He came looking for him, pulled him upstairs to a private lunch, and offered him a job on the spot! There were hundreds of people that had interviewed, or were going to interview soon, for this position, and Ben was one of 15 people WORLDWIDE who were hired. I am very proud of him! Excuse me for boasting, but he really deserves it. He's done a great job! 

worked so hard, and found many opportunities to further his knowledge and career. When doors closed for him, and then windows closed, too, he found cracks to squeeze through! He has done all of his own research, applied for every job imaginable, and really worked his BUTT off. When he went to interview with these companies, they were already expecting him, because they'd heard so much about him. Dell, especially, was a neat experience. He spent the morning interviewing, and by lunchtime, the CFO had already decided he wanted Ben on board. He came looking for him, pulled him upstairs to a private lunch, and offered him a job on the spot! There were hundreds of people that had interviewed, or were going to interview soon, for this position, and Ben was one of 15 people WORLDWIDE who were hired. I am very proud of him! Excuse me for boasting, but he really deserves it. He's done a great job! 


Our new home!



9 comments:
Hey!
Just so you guys know, we are changing our blog to private sooo if you want to give me your email address that would be great! That way I can add you to the private blog. There has been way too many people we don't know viewing our blog. So we are just trying to keep it safe. Anyways please comment and send me your emails! I finally fixed my blog so that you can finally comment! Sorry about that! ha! Thanks!
Brooke
Congratulations on the new job! That is so great!!! I hear Austin is a wonderful place to live. Enjoy your 7 more months of Utah life! Hopefully we can get together before you guys take off. Congrats again!!!
Yay! I'm so excited you guys found a great job! It's such a stressful time of life trying to find a career! We will be sad to lose you guys as great neighbors! We visited Austin this past summer. We'll have to tell you a little about it sometime! It's beautiful there!
congrats on making that decision. i'm happy for you guys!
Congrats Trenholms! Derek and I were in Austin this summer and it really is a fun place. We knew lots of people in our ward who worked for Dell. The church there is strong and we were welcomed very warmly. Its muggy and hot there in the summer but there are lots of things to do in Austin and I'm sure you've already heard but it's nice and green there. Not as green as Oregon but there are trees there. Downtown is fun and make sure to see the bats under Congress bridge at sunset.
Congratulations again!
I'm so happy for you guys! That will be such a fun an exciting adventure for you! Cole's sister and family live in Round Rock right next to Austin becasue her husband also works for Dell, but I have no idea what he does! Are you coming home for Christmas?
Congrats! That will be exciting for you guys. Ben has done such a good job.
Congrats Guys. That is really cool. I knew something great would work out for you guys. I've only been to Austin in the January, 70 degrees every day I was there. Not Bad.
Wow, congratulations! You guys will do great in TX :) We will TOTALLY Miss you as neighbors, though :) At least we still have 7 months to try and get together :)
Post a Comment