So, Gary and Shelly are obviously very happy together. They decided to have babies...lots of them!
Now we are grandparents to about 50 bitty snails. In the picture, all those little dots are babies.
They sure are cute! They're born with their microscopic shells, and the shells are pretty transparent. Their little eyes/antennae are so tiny and clear, you just want to squeeze them.
Jaimason has had fun with them. He loves to hold them, but we have to be very careful, because if you drop them, you never find them in the carpet again. We've already lost about 4 babes, either to accidental crushing or dropping them in the carpet. Oops!
We haven't cleaned the cage in a while because we're afraid we'll lose some. They are EVERYWHERE and so minute that they hide in tiny crevices, where you cannot see them. I think we'll wait until they get a little bigger until we let them go.
Here are more pictures of the cuties:
Bummin' a ride on dad...



4 comments:
Oh that is so funny Shaunelle!
Okay, so this is hilarious. Not only is it funny that you have tons of baby snails, but I LOVE the fact that you have pet snails at all. And to make it more awesome, they are named. I love it, LOL. What fun!!
Hmmm...Gary. Ive never heard of a snail named Gary before...
Im sorry but you guys are crazy. Snails? I was thinking like a Baboon or something.
by the way, that was Rykeeee
Post a Comment