Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What a Good Big Brother!

Jaimason has been the BEST big brother to Maleah...as I knew he would. He loves to hold her and has found some good techniques for calming her when she's upset. He's getting very brave, and I have caught him carrying her around the house, too. The other day, I found him in his room, like this:
He had pulled his old nap mat out and set it up with pillows, blankets, and his bears for Maleah to lay on, and he was talking to her and reading to her while I was getting ready for church.

He also told me today: "Mom, I'm not going to focus on playing; I'm going to focus on my little sister." He was trying to calm her while I was making dinner and she wanted me to hold her.

She is a lucky little girl to have such an awesome, patient big brother!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my goodness! That is soooo sweet! He is such a sweet boy. She'll be protected for life! :) You should look into getting a moby wrap(or making one). Go to mobywrap.com. If you make your own, the website shows you how to wrap it correctly. A lot of people love them. Anyway, she is so sweet! Hopefully we can make it down sometime to come see her (and you guys too!).

Andy R. said...

Jaimason is looking all grown up..when did that happen! Maleah is so cute! Myles ALWAYS wanted to be held too which was such a difference from Sadie. I think I almost went crazy, but like you said you learn to do things one handed and slower. Hope things keep going good for you. we miss you guys!

Jessica