Oh, how I love Christmas! It took me a while to get in the spirit of things this year, but once I decorated my house and it's cooled down to below 80 degrees, I can enjoy the holiday! Here's a little snapshot of how we've been celebrating...
BETHLEHEM
We went to Main Street Bethlehem again this year. This is one of my favorite things to do for the holidays. I am just so impressed with the actors/townspeople. They do a great job of staying in character and really portraying what it was like at the time of our Savior's birth.
DECKING THE HALLS
Like I said, it's not Christmas till your house is decorated. We still have our tiny pathetic Charlie-Brown tree, but we're on the hunt for a new one. We love going through each ornament as we decorate the tree and reflecting on the memories of the past years. Each one represents something special we've experienced or accomplished in years past. And, of course, Jaimason gets to put the tree topper on. But I think his favorite part is drinking "nog" and eating cookies.
ROUND ROCK TREE LIGHTING
The city had its annual tree lighting and festival, and we decided to attend. They do a great job of making it festive and fun. They had horse-drawn carriage rides, game and activity booths for the kids, live music, face painting, free food and hot chocolate, and Santa of course. We had a good time playing BINGO, decorating gingerbread cookies, eating popcorn and hot chocolate, making candles, and watching Jaimason's cute friend perform a dance on stage (she's 2).
We've done a bunch of other things as well, just haven't taken pictures. We have many more holiday activities to look forward to next week when Jaimason and Ben will be home. Can't wait!
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Finally! Ive been waiting for months! Im glad to see there is a new post. Im glad things are going well. Hopefully I will be able to make it down there somehow before I leave!
Post a Comment