Wednesday, October 6, 2010

44 Pounds Lighter

I am happy to report that I am 44 pounds lighter and 3 dress sizes smaller than I was on January 1st! And let me remind you, I am 4 months pregnant.

May I just preface this by telling you the "before" picture is very embarrassing for me to post, but I wanted to show you the difference. However, neither picture really shows the transformation that well. I wish I had pictures of me flexing (how conceited is that?? Or should we just call it proud?). I (DID) gain a lot of muscle mass (though it's gone now....3 months of sitting around and wasting away will do that to you).

I have to admit, half of the weight that came off was due to extreme "morning sickness" (also called hell, which I am still experiencing, by the way), but I am SURE it would have come off anyway. I had been working very hard to lose the weight and there was no way I was going to quit before reaching my goal. It's the first time my New Year's Resolution actually stuck, and I am proud.









Before..................................... After

I have actually come to enjoy eating well, doing cardio, and especially weight training. I have learned a LOT through many hours of research and trial and error. I really can't wait till I start feeling human again so I can get back to it.

10 comments:

Daisha said...

You really do look great and not like you've been so sick at all. You'll be able to sehd those pregnancy pounds so easily.

Janica said...

Good Job! I hope I catch some of that motivation! You look great and I hope you feel better with this pregnancy soon!

Sam said...

You look great! Congrats :)

Erin Gibbons said...

I think you looked great in both pictures, but you do look absolutely fabulous! I'm proud of you...I have NEVER kept a resolution, especially one to eat healthier and lose weight. Congratulations! And you'll probably keep it off even after the baby is born, (any news on the gender?!) I have to look up your phone number, but I've been thinking about you the last couple of days and wanted to call and catch up!

Unknown said...

Way to go! You look fabulous! And I'm SO sorry about your morning (all day) sickness. I totally understand. Good luck and hopefully you regain your health soon!

Sara said...

You look awesome! I could totally tell you've lost weight when we saw you. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

You look amazing Shaunelle!!! Congratulations! I know how much hard work that is!

mandamike said...

You look amazing! I hope you start feeling better soon. We are really excited for your little family to become a little bigger :)

carolee said...

you look awesome! hope you start feeling better soon.

gretel and frank said...

Congratulations and good work! I can't wait to hear about the upcoming baby!