The rest of our Oregon trip was really fun. We had a great time going to Silver Creek Falls State Park, riding the Riverfront Carousel, visiting the horses at Great Grandpa's farm, and most of all, being with family.
Salem's Riverfront Carousel was all carved by hand, and each horse has its own name. It's one of Salem's biggest attractions (woo-hoo Salem).
Silver Creek Falls is another fun place to go to. It's about 30 minutes outside of Salem. They have several waterfalls you can hike to, picnic areas, a visitors' center, a store and restaraunt, and even a (VERY COLD) swimming hole. It's gorgeous!
Grandma and Jaimason...................Ryken, Shaunelle, Grandma, Jaimason, Brynn
Jaimason & Aunt Brynn in a cave......Behind the falls with Ryken Aunt Brynn was the only one brave enough to go in the water with Jaimason. It was pretty chilly, that's for sure! (But I must mention that Ryken did enter the water for seconds at a time with him).
On the last day, we visited Grandpa Sellers' farm to see the horses. Jaimason tried to put on a brave face; he was scared stiff! Feeding the horses was out of the question, so he played onlooker while Mom did the dirty work. Eventually, he did end up petting the guy and giving him a half-hug. That's good enough!
YEE-HAW; THAT'S ALL FOLKS!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
The Rest of Our Oregon Trip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey Shaunelle! I found your blog through a friends as I was looking through different blogs. It is amazing how much your family has grown since high school. I just started working at Judson in April & Mrs. Howard couldn't stop talking about everything she remembered about you & I. Especially our trip to help "act" like the family of a search & rescue. The office ladies even pulled out the old newspaper clippings, found a picture of you & I in middle school and shared it with everyone. (I think working at your old middle school is a bad idea) Anyways... I hope your life is going great!
Love,
Kaitlynn Chritton (aka Gross)
It looks like you've had some fun this summer!
Post a Comment