Saturday, November 3, 2007

When it rains, it pours!

This stupid car has given us so much trouble. Don't get me wrong, I am eternally grateful to my Grandma Lakey for giving it to us, but what a nightmare! For the past year, we have had this van in the shop more often than not. I am just bitter and frustrated with everything lately. The tranny is out on the thing and will cost more than it's worth to get it fixed. So now, we've been in the process of getting a new car for 3 1/2 weeks. Not looking good, I have to say. In addition, our trusty old Honda has cost us over $800 in the past month and a half to get fixed. New calibers and brakes on front and back. The "Accord" silver thingy has been pried off ($26 to replace...not a lot, but not cheap for a stupid silver glorified sticker).

The car situation's not the only rock in our shoe right now, either. Both toilets in our house are temperamental and don't like to flush very often. And here's the kicker: our dryer's heat sensor stopped working a few days ago and so the dryer ran for 9 hours....ALL NIGHT! Now our clothes are fit for a toddler and practically disintegrated! You should have seen the lint trap after that little misadventure...it's a wonder we still HAVE clothes. There goes about $300 worth of relatively new clothes and underthings. On the bright side, at least we still have an unburned roof over our heads.

I am afraid to wake up tomorrow. Please don't call me. I will be in bed :)

(And thanks for listening to my tirade. Have a nice day.)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow, I hate Cars and their repairs. It is such a hassle. Your dryer sounds like a nightmare. How frustrating for your clothes situation. I MISS YOU too! I was thinking about last Halloween at the ward party with our two boys. The Grease monkey and Mickey Mouse were quite cute. Sorry we have not made it down to see you guys either. We are just as bad at keeping in touch. It would be really fun to get together a nice change. Jaimason's costume is so adorable. I love your creativity. Good job.

Suzie said...

If you need a snake to fix your toilets let us know... we have one. You can do laundry at our house if you need to as well.