Sunday, May 23, 2010

We Love Our Neighborhood!

Ya, so I have been blogging on Ben's other blogspot account by mistake (DON'T ask how), and have had minimal time and even less energy the past few weeks, so that's why it's been a month since I have posted. Sorry.

As I have was going through pictures the other day, I realized we had some good ones from some fun activities our neighborhood has done over the past few months. Our neighborhood is awesome! We have an on-site activities planner, so every few months, they host an activity for the neighborhood community (that's how we got to sled in December).

At Easter time, they had a fun family day, with an Easter egg hunt, the Easter bunny, a petting zoo, lunch, and a clown, all FREE! We took Jaimason to that, and we all had a blast.I especially liked the petting zoo. They had little baby chicks, and the one I chose to hold was so pooped, he fell asleep instantly in my hand. It was all I could do to keep from taking him home with me!


They also had an ENORMOUS rabbit, a cute baby pig, some baby bunnies, some goats, and the usual assortment of petting zoo animals.








Here's Jaimason with the cool balloon swords he and his friends got and proceeded to fight with.
The next event that happened in our neighborhood was called "Batstravaganza" (Bats are a huge thing here...) It was actually put on by the hospital that's near our house, and it was a 10k Run/Walk through our neighborhood to raise money for some good cause. They also had a festival going on in addition to the 10K, with stuffed animals, clowns, food, sno-cones, the Biscuit Brothers concert, Bevo the Longhorn (Texas mascot), auctions, face painting, helicopters, ambulances, fire trucks, etc...all FREE!We had an artist do a (free) caricature of our family. I will just post a picture of it here and get your take on it. I HATED it at first, but the more I look at it, the more I see our "qualities" in it...Ben' big lips, my high cheekbones and non-existent upper lip when I smile, Jaimason's droopy eyes and dark eyebrows. All I can say is, caricatures are not the most flattering thing, and if you're self-conscious about something, DON'T get a caricature of yourself.
That day, we took home a whole case of Zico, which is a coconut water drink. It's amazing all the free food you get at these places! Next up in our neighborhood.....BBQ Cook-off, with FREE food, waterslides, Slip-n-Slides, etc. It'll be another fun day!

2 comments:

Erin Gibbons said...

I always love hearing what you guys are up to. I swear we're going to come visit you guys soon! ("Soon" being in the next couple of years, unfortunately!) I agree on the caricatures, it's not the most flattering thing to have done, it's fun that you have one of your whole family! Miss you guys!

gretel and frank said...

Sorry about the car accident! I feel bitter for you! What are you doing for the summer? Are you teaching or do you get a break?
Wish we could meet you at the pool!